Thursday 6 December 2012

Circle of Fire

I have started a fantasy story - well I started writing it at school but hadn't really developed much of a storyline since then, so I began again, reinventing old characters and trying to get an overall plot (!) I find painting helps me to develop characters more freely. I am very inspired by the paintings of Abdelbassit Bendahmane, which are beautifully eastern and ethereal. I often draw the profile of people's faces in the same repetitive way, but he has turned his into many lovely pictures! I am inspired by Moroccan, Turkish, Middle-Eastern, Biblical archaeology and history for my stories, and my first story is set in a landscape similar to that of Northern Iran. The main character is called Lali, though her name may change. There is a picture of her to the right, inspired by a picture of a beautiful lady from the Kalash tribe in Pakistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment